[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
} I though that since it was build into the kernel it also modified the
} code for creating sockets so user sockets where from 1024-61000,
} rather than 1024-64k. (In theory you should be able to place MASQ in
} any 4k range and have it configure that regular socket calls to avoid
} that space right?)

The masq code does not change the normal kernel socket allocation range.
However the kernel used (meaning I have not checked anything recent) to
only hand out ports in the range 1024-32K, although if you ask for a
specific port number it will give it to you [except where uid != 0 && port
< 1024].

        Nigel.
--
[ [EMAIL PROTECTED]   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]