Hi Michiel,

On 16.04.2013, at 12:03AM, Michiel de Hoon <mjldeh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can you perhaps ask the Fink developers to provide a framework installation
> of Python? Most matplotlib users who ran into framework-related bugs were
> Fink users.

I've already looked for that in the list archives and it seems this topic comes
up about once a
year when some other package broke with the non-framework build. Changing the
build does
not seem a particular problem, but was always declined as it would mean all (or
a large number)
of the other Python-dependent packages would have to be fixed at the same time.
But I can of course bring this up for discussion again pointing out that the
macosx backend support
is going to be discontinued.

Cheers,
                                                Derek