Petr Danecek wrote:
> Hello,
> first of all: thanks for the great software!! After the years of
> struggling with gnuplot, i really enjoy making my graphs with
> matplotlib.
>
> I'd like to ask, if it is possible to create a contour graph using polar
> coordinates? If not, can someone give me some pointers about how to
> implement it?

John has said that he plans to improve polar coordinate handling in the
next month or two.  If it turns out that changes are also needed in
contour.py, I will be happy to make them.  So, if all goes well, within
a few months we should have contouring and other things working well
with polar coordinates.  In the meantime, I am glad Jeff has provided a
workaround.

(I took a stab at making contouring work to a useful degree with present
polar coordinates--given that pcolor works, it should be possible--but I
couldn't quite get it.  Maybe I will try again later.)

Eric