On 06/05/2015 01:20 PM, Eric Firing wrote:
Reminder: in matplotlib, color mapping is done with the combination of a
colormap and a norm.  This allows one to design a norm to handle the
mapping, including any nonlinearity or difference between the handling
of positive and negative values.  This is more general than customizing
a colormap; once you have a norm to suit your purpose, you can use it
with any colormap.

Maybe this is actually what you are already doing, but I wanted to point
it out here in case some readers are not familiar with this
colormap+norm strategy.

Actually, I didn't use norms because I never quite figured out how to use them or how to make my own. If there's a way to create a norm with a custom mid-point, I'd love to know/use that.

-Sourish

Eric

Q: What if you strapped C4 to a boomerang? Could this be an effective weapon, or would it be as stupid as it sounds?
A: Aerodynamics aside, I’m curious what tactical advantage you’re expecting to gain by having the high explosive fly back at you if it misses the target.