Actually, the only reason that Baritus has a dependency on Log4J, is because
Maverick has (and Baritus is an extension of Maverick). Velocity does not
have a direct dependency on Log4J (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/developer-guide.html#Configuring%20the%20Log%20System),
but it's probably easiest to work with Log4J in this case.

About Log4J... I wouldn't be too scared about changes; It's been pretty
stable for a long time now.

And then about Baritus... allthough it does not seem very bussy, it's very
actively maintained. Most of the communication right now is within the
company I work for and between us and some of our customers who also use it.
It would be great to have your suggestions, especially on documentation etc.
as I am still working on that.

Furthermore, as I asked before (and I will not ask again after this...
honest;) ), I would *really* appreciate it if the maintainers of Maverick
could place a link to Baritus on the Maverick site. Baritus it not a
competitor of Maverick, it's just a non-intrusive addition to Maverick for
the people that would like to use Maverick with some of the features (like
validation, error reporting and using interceptors) you can find with
frameworks like Struts and WebWork.

Eelco