For anyone interested in more ancient rodentiary-comic book entries

In 1992 (pre-bowser)  *Veronica* was a search engine
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_(computing)> for menu entries
across servers using the Gopher protocol
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopher_(protocol)>, a backronym
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backronym> for "Very Easy Rodent-Oriented
Net-wide Index to Computer Archives," a rather nice follow up to Archie, a
prior, different search engine.  Alas, Archie was simply Archive without
the v.  (source Wikipedia).  I remember using both.  Yes, there was a
Jughead.