From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of CESAR.ABREG0 .
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 2:17 AM
To: mdtosd@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [MDT-OSD] MDT 8443: Invalid DeploymentType value "" specified. The
deployment will not proceed.

What does the bdd.log says?

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016, 2:32 PM explanoit
<explan...@gmail.com<mailto:explan...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello everyone!
I posted the following on the MDT forum, do you have any ideas for what I could
try?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8c74127b-0857-4f3a-b23b-35fa4cfcaa73/mdt-8443-invalid-deploymenttype-value-specified-the-deployment-will-not-proceed?forum=mdt

MDT 8443: Invalid DeploymentType value "" specified. The deployment will not
proceed.
I previously had MDT 2013 Update 2 installed, and upgraded to MDT 8443. I'm
using ADK Win10 1607 with Windows 10 as the file server. This has been working
for over a year now.

I upgraded the MDT software and updated my deployment share and litetouch WIM.
I deployed my litetouch WIM to our WDS and booted off it.

Now, no matter what Task Sequence I select, after the "Ready to begin" screen,
I get the following error:

Deployment Error
"Invalid DeploymentType value "" specified. The deployment will not proceed."
[OK]

I've tried every Task Sequence, I even built a new Task Sequence, I get the
same issue. I've tried manually specifying the "DeploymentType" various in both
my bootstrap and in the Task Sequence itself, with no improvement.

==RULES==

[Settings]
Priority=Default
Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
SkipBDDWelcome=YES
OSInstall=Y
SkipCapture=YES
SkipAdminPassword=YES
SkipDomainMembership=NO
JoinDomain=domain.com<http://domain.com>
EventService=http://computer:9800

==BOOTSTRAP.INI==

[Settings]
Priority=Default

[Default]
_SMSTSOrgName=Running %TaskSequenceID% on %OSDComputername%
SkipBDDWelcome=YES
DeployRoot=\\computer\DeploymentShare
OSDComputerName=DAL-%SerialNumber%

SkipDomainMembership=NO