On Sep 30, 2011, at 12:40 PM, ext micu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> now that intel goes Tizen (and perhaps merges some stuff of MeeGo into
> it), what should be the scope of the MeeGo project?
>
> Some ideas that just came to my mind:
>
>    1. Why not make the main goal of the MeeGo project providing Qt
>       integration and Qt-based UXes for Tizen?

Why not limit it on Tizen. At the moment MeeGo is only full open source project
providing complete mobile UX.  When tehere is some Tizen devices out,
it would be possible to provide Qt apps for Tizen. There is actually no
difference
to providing MeeGo Qt apps to Android. Both Tizen and Android are Linux based
and both have native UX other than Qt.

>    2. Offer a real MeeGo distro, which is based on the Tizen project
>       (maybe containing some other stuff that is in MeeGo now and does
>       not come with Tizen, such as Qt).

Once again, why limit on Tizen, MeeGo has complete mobile UX and we could
build working mobile distro based on OpenSuse or Ubintu. Compared on Tizen,
both of them are already existing and have already established infrastructure
and
both are lacking mobile UX.

Kate