On Oct 2, 2011, at 7:35 PM, ext Peter Jespersen wrote:

> Den 02-10-2011 12:07, ext-adrian.ya...@nokia.com skrev:
>>> which is proprietary at the moment.
>>>
>> Maybe I am missing the thread... but the N9 has NOT a proprietary UI. Except
>> some specific parts of theming, the framework is libre software:
>>
>> https://meego.gitorious.org/meegotouch/libmeegotouch
>>

> I believe that the specific part micu is asking about is Swipe - which at
> present is closed source - will it be opend ?
>
> Swipe is by far the most sexiest thing about Harmatten and it would be
> totally cool just to have some of its functionality.

I think ( that's are my personal opinions, not my employers ) swipe is very
easy to implement but it is so great invention
that Nokia wan't to give it to competing handset manufacturers.  I guess that
Nokia will have patent for it and releasing
code as FOSS even if code is just very small piece of code would implicitly
mean that Nokia give up patent.

I think that everyone has already noticed that it is about impossible be
significant handset manufacturer without a lot of
patents because there is paten war ongoing and you need own ones to defend.

Kate