On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Stefan Werden <stefan.wer...@open-slx.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> switching to debian would mean making a complete new projekt.

Nope, it would merely mean adding software to the Debian project, it
wouldn't require a new project at all. Debian would host the infrastructure
(it has its own IRC, build farm, hosting, project software, email lists,
funding, non-profit status, social contract, shell accounts, git server, svn
server, well, you get the picture.) You could turn Mer into a Debian blend
for example: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends or you could become a
Debian derivative: http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census

Debian derivatives currently dominate the Linux landscape. Of the top four
distros on Distro Watch, three of them are deb based. This means you get a
huge development ecosystem when you use debs, as well as a lot of users.

> I would prefer to
> just continure the current running stack.

It saves time and people know how to handle it.

*sigh*

> regards,
>
> Stefan
>

> Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah.fos...@pelagicore.com> hat am 4. Oktober 2011 um
> 14:03
> geschrieben:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:53 AM, karoliina.t.salmi...@gmail.com <
> > karoliina.t.salmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > This is just my 0.02 cents. I would think it should be done like this:
> > >
> > > - Take the debian based distro and development environment (that works)
> as
> > > a basis. It works. Look at Harmattan and all previous Nokia Maemo
> devices.
> > >

> > This makes way too much sense to be adopted. :-)
> >
> > "Don't start your own project, join someone else's."
> > - Dan Frye:
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jeremiah
> --
> Dr. Stefan Werden
> Managing Director
> open-slx gmbh, HRB 25876,
> Einsteinring 7, 90453 Nürnberg, Germany

Jeremiah C. Foster
Open Source Technologist
Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)730 93 0506
E-Mail: jeremiah.fos...@pelagicore.com

=== NOTE ===
The information contained in this E-mail message is
intended only for use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of this message  is not
the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.