On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, George Woltman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> At 07:07 PM 10/18/99 +0200, Wojciech Florek wrote:
> >I was observing the progress in the last 10 exponents below 2M. Almost
> >all had been assigned to diamonddave and almost all have been finished
> >on schedule ...
>
> You missed one important step - the residues must match!
>
> I checked the cleared exponent report against the 3 remaining exponents
> below 2M.  They have been completed and the residues match!  The milestone
> was reached on October 16, at 12:09 UTC.  Congratulations to all.
>
> Onwards and upwards,
> George
>
> P.S.  It looks like diamonddave is working on an unneeded triple-check.
> Oh well, these things happen.
This seems to indicate he got poached, but he'd already started the
doublecheck before the poacher sent in the result, so he's continuing
with what has become a triple check.

I noticed similar behaviour at the last exponents in the 1.4M range, where
the last ones to finish got checked three or four times.

--
Henrik Olsen,  Dawn Solutions I/S       URL=http://www.iaeste.dk/~henrik/
 I'd like somebody to sacrifice their first-borne son, and write in blood