> I had a double-check on exponent 1745789 "poached" in early September
> by a user called "rick" who appears to have submitted a lot of
> results in this range using systems described as PIIs. My assignment
> was a "legal" PrimeNet assignment running on an old Sun Sparc 2, it
> was about halfway through a 10-week run when it was "poached". The
> PrimeNet entry for this exponent at the time it was poached would
> have shown that it was over 80 days from expiring.
<...>
> Thanks, Rick. Perhaps you would care to get assignments from PrimeNet
> in future, rather than poaching other people's?

Whew!  Thank goodness that wasn't one I did!  Honestly, I feel responsible
for starting this poaching nonsense, but hey, I only took exponents that
still had 150+ days on average to go.  Some that would have taken another
year or even 2 years!  On the other hand, if it looked like it had checked
in recently, I didn't bother.

In fact, I do believe that all of those sorts of exponents are "worked out"
of Primenet now, at least they were last I checked.  Seems that Scott has it
set now to expire exponents if they haven't checked in for 60 days,
regardless of when the due date was.

There were actually very few exponents that had been checked out prior to
this rule that had extremely long completion times, so my poaching days are
over. :-) (the crowd applauses)