Hugh Senior wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced persistent print queue stalling (sometimes with
> erroneous timeout error messages) when using the HP970cxi? There has been a
> driver upgrade on hp.com, but it is still most unreliable even with 128Mb
> RAM available.
>
> Since the program generates certificates involving digital photos at the
> end of an event day, it relies on time-critical printing which at present
> is virtually impossible.
>
> Are we are the only ones with problems using this otherwise excellent printer?

This may sound dumb, but are you sure you have the latest drivers installed?

Over the years we've had periodic reports of intermittent problems between
our MC-based apps and HP printers, but in each case thus far ensuring that
the latest print drivers are installed has cured the problem (Scott is a
god).

I hope your circumstance turns out as gracefully as mine have.  I have never
seen something perform as robustly as MetaCard across so many platforms with
so many supported configurations.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation