I am trying to write a patch to an existing application. The existing application
required extensive customization by the end user (several hours). Now I want to
update a few of the longer scripts using a patch, so that the users don't need to go
through the excruciating setup again. I have written a stack which opens up the
stack to be edited, and tries to set the script of one of the bg btns with the line:

set the script of bg btn "send taf" of cd "taftemplate" of stack "bigearl" to the
send of stack "Bigearl_patch_9.7.2000"

When I open and run this script from stack Bigearl_patch_9.7.2000.mc opened from
within metacard it works flawlessly.

When I run the script from the command line (HPUNIX  10.20) I get the following
errors:

Object: license limit exceeded
Chunk: can't set property
Object: can't set object property
set: can't set property

My home stack is licensed, so I don't see the problem. Also, does this mean that
others who just have bigearl.mc, mc, and mctools.mc can't use the patch because of
the script limit? If this is indeed the case, how does one circumvent this in order
to produce patches? Certainly I'm not the only one who needs the ability to upgrade
through a patch.?.

Any help appreciated.

Andy Bailey
National Weather Service Rapid City, SD