If I have large amounts of XML data (say 30-100MB), which I need to parse.
The first thought was to load it into an array, at start-up and then get the
keys, and loop through each key (using repeat for each line) - testing to
see if there is a match and returning the value if there is.

However I figure that this would nearly double the amount of memory that I
would need and the full index of keys would be almost as large as the entire
index. As there is no syntax for referring to elements in an associative
array by numerical index (ie get the first, second etc), what would be the
fastest, and most memory efficient technique? Should I use an external
database like "Pandora" or whatever the name beginning with P I am searching
for is? maybe i need my own relational database -:)