Can't help too much on the Valentina specifics as I'm evaluating it myself.
Suggest you take a look at the site http://www.paradigmasoft.com.
and ask the guys there (they've been very helpful). I know Scott endorses it

Post dated 3/9/2000
--snip-- Anyone building (or contemplating building) applications that
require managing more than a few MB of data or that require sophisticated
query support should download [valentina] --snip--

 --snip-- This is a key technology for MetaCard developers to have in their
arsenal and we need to do what it takes to make sure that it works well.
Regards, Scott [Raney] --snip--