This list is pretty much deserted now. Most of your questions have been discussed on the LiveCode list many times. You can look in the archives here:
<http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/>

Basically the only difference is there is no password protection in the OSS version, and you must distribute your source code with anything you release.

You really should be on the LiveCode list, or the forums.