<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Hi,
>
>I think I have located the origin of this long-lasting corruption problem.
>Here is what I have observed with my application on an XP network:
>
>1/ the program commits to a metakit file located on the network. It's OK.
>2/ a process slightly touches the file. It can be as slight as an anti-virus
>who scans the file, or a person who checks the properties of the file
>(e.g last modification time), etc...
>3/ if the program commits once again, then the file is corrupted !!!
>
>This only happens whith files on a network. I can't explain any more
>than this, but it gives me the shivers to think how fragile my metakit
>files are :(

As I mentioned in an earlier post -- the solution is to ensure that
metakit files on network shares are opened for exclusive access. You
can write your own c4_FileStrategy implementation to handle this and
use it in the c4_Storage constructor. The PathIsNetworkPath Win32 API
is also a useful function here.

--
Pat Thoyts                            http://www.patthoyts.tk/
PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97  10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD