Hallo,

today I played around with Miami (unregistered) in my local LAN. Before I
used AmiTCP 4 Demo. It worked fine but I wanted to get rid of the
start-delay because of the demo-version. My networkcard is a Connexion (in
a2065-mode) and I used a special version of the a2065.device from Heinz
Wrobel.

Okay, back to my results. I can't start the tcp/ip-stack with my
a2065.device nor with the MNI-driver for AM7990-Chipsets. The system is
freezed but not crashed. I had to dig out the old 2065.device from C=. Now
it seems to work.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here (or even not)?

The Miami doc says that the NMI-drivers are possibly faster. This sounds
sexy for me. Is my version of the AMD-Chip (AM7990jc/80) not compatible?

P.S. Heinz Wrobel send me his device long time ago because he found some
differences between the chip on the original a2065 and the clone.

MfG
--
Frank Zündorff