On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Frank Zündorff wrote:
> On 16-Mär-00 , [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >> Okay, back to my results. I can't start the tcp/ip-stack with my
> >> a2065.device nor with the MNI-driver for AM7990-Chipsets. The system is
> >> freezed but not crashed. I had to dig out the old 2065.device from C=.
> >> Now it seems to work.
> >
> > Can't start Miami or can't put it online?
>
> Yes, I can't put it online. The MNI-driver and the "new" device fails and
> the old device works.

It sounds like a hardware problem.  But if it works properly with the old
driver, it might be a hardware revision issue rather than something being
broken.  If the MNI driver and the newer a2065.device both assume that
certain 7990 bugs were fixed, then they might fail on an old card.

> That's horrible because with the MNI driver it could be faster... (:

As well as other benefits like promiscuous mode.

                                        Fred Wright