On Jan 30, 2007, at 11:50 AM, Chris Messina wrote:

Well, I certainly am coming to the party late.

I actually started a post on this topic over a week ago -- and
absentmindedly hadn't checked on this list first before posting and
therefore published without the benefit of this discussion (I can hear
Tantek chiding me) but nonetheless, as the first half of a two-part
piece of transcending social networks (I have to write up the second
half still) I wrote this:

Scoping XFN and identifying authoritative hcards
<http://factoryjoe.com/blog/2007/01/29/scoping-xfn-and-identifying- definitive-hcards/>

As I'm sure you know, the scope of XFN is URLs, not parts of pages. To change this would be non-trivial and is not likely to happen. Plus, there are much simpler ways to solve this problem.

-ryan