Any Mac using the Berkeley Desktop image should have the ability to do a
Self Service upgrade to El Capitan without needing a technician.  But I
know that doesn't cover a big chunk of machines out there.

Otherwise, we're stuck going desk to desk for inventory or asking customers
to self report for anything not showing in BigFix.