On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 6:06 AM, JonY <jo...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 7/3/2011 12:10, Bj Raz wrote:
> > I've been working on cross compiler for building w64 binaries. I just
> > wanted to see if I could do it :P
> > I'm following the directions from Linux From Scratch (modifying them as
> needed).
> > So I've built gcc with c++ support and I have the errors:
> >

> See mingw-w64-docs for help on building. A lot of LFS doesn't apply to
> mingw-w64.
>
> > /tools/x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld cannot find dllcrt2.o: No such file
> > or directory
> > /tools/x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld cannot find crtbegin.o: No such file
> > or directory
> > /tools/x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld cannot find crtend.o: No such file or
> directory
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[2]: *** [libgcc_s.dll] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [all-target-libgcc] Error 2
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> > can someone please either send me to the right list, or tell me what I
> > should do.
> >

> You are missing the CRT, see mingw-w64-crt.

and yes, I didn't have the crt for mingw, I looked all over for it, and that
was the only one I could find. :-/

> > my configure options are as follows:
> >
> > libtool --finish /tools/libexec/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/x.x.x/
> > AR=x86_64-w64-mingw32-ar RANLIB=x86_64-w64-mingw32-ranlib \
> > ../gcc-4.5.1/configure --prefix=/tools \
> > --with-local-prefix=/tools --enable-clocale=gnu \
> > --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix \
> > --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-languages=c,c++ \
> > --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-multilib \
> > --disable-bootstrap --disable-libgomp \
> > --without-ppl --without-cloog --build=x86_64-suse-linux-gnu
> > --host=x86_64-suse-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32
> >

> You'd run into problems setting AR and RANLIB like that, let autotools
> do its job.

If you don't I'm pretty sure it will set the host RANLIB, and AR, bye
default which I don't want.
I want it to use the ones I just built in phase 1.

> Posix thread isn't for the faint hearted, you need to bootstrap
> winpthread dll with libgcc, but DLLs can't be built without libgcc. I
> suggest you remove --enable-threads=posix unless you have some special
> needs, let gcc use the more tested win32 threads.
>
> You are also missing essential options like
> --enable-fully-dynamic-strings and --enable-sjlj-exceptions, you are

what does "--enable-fully dynamic-strings" do, as well as
"--enable-sjij=exceptions"?