On 7/5/2011 17:29, Bj Raz wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Bj Raz <whitequill...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-addr2line
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-ar
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-as
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-c++filt
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-cpp
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-dlltool
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-dllwrap
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-elfedit
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.7.0
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcov
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-gprof
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld.bfd
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-nm
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-objcopy
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-objdump
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-ranlib
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-readelf
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-size
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-strings
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-strip
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-windmc
>>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-windres

No .exe? Are you on Windows or Linux?

>>> I figured I'd start to worry about that once I finally have a working
>>> compiler built on Windows to cross back to Linux.

In this case, you can't do it the LFS way, afaik, GLIBC requires you to
build it on a case sensitive FS, that leaves out mingw hosted
toolchains, unless you're going to copy debian/ubuntu glibc tarballs for
the glibc components.

You'll still need a way to handle symlinks for .so versions.

>>> For now I'm trying to cross to build for Windows, and if you know how to,
>>> I can set flags so what "I" build will be case sensitive, when I finally get
>>> to that point.

No, FS case sensitivity isn't handled by WIN32 API at all, I don't know
where you get the idea it can be enabled at build time as a flag.

>> This is up to before I install crt
>>
> Does anyone think I should install the crt earlier in the process? Like when
> I build the api I also build the crt.

What API? The CRT should be built after you get a bootstrap GCC. Please
just use the documented process, you don't need to make things so hard.