Christian Lohmaier (klammer) wrote:

> Hi Spiff, *,
>
> Are you sure your DNS-server picked up the changes/that your machine is
> not still trying to use ipv6 connection?
>
> (I know here was written before that no ipv6 stuff is used, but it was
> also pointed out before that newer versions of Windows enable teredo by
> default, and that tunnels ipv6 over regular ipv4 connections, without the
> need to configure stuff by the user).
> Can you access http://ipv6.google.com ?

As I mentioned before, not only is my internet connection IPv4 only, but
also is IPv6 disabled in Local Area Connection Properties.
Does that rule out IPv6 tunneling over IPv4?
Anyhow, I cannot access http://ipv6.google.com

Christian Lohmaier (klammer) wrote:

> [...]
> please flush your DNS cache & use nslookup to query for a ipv6 addressto
> be sure
>
> nslookup -type=AAAA mirrors.supportex.net
> must not return a result.

It comes up with:
Address:  [my LAN IP Address]
Name:     mirrors.supportex.net

What does that mean?

Christian Lohmaier (klammer) wrote:

> Other than that, a traceroute might help

C:\Windows\system32>tracert mirrors.supportex.net
finds nothing wrong.
A few hops, all in the order of a few milliseconds.

However,
C:\Windows\system32>tracert
mirrors.supportex.net/tdf/libreoffice/stable/3.4.3/win/x86/LibO_3.4.3_Win_x86_install_multi.exelti.exe
or even
C:\Windows\system32>tracert mirrors.supportex.net/tdf
results in:
Unable to resolve target system name.
(Kan naam van doelsysteem niet omzetten.)

Any more suggestions?

Best regards,
Spiff