This is a recurring question so perhaps I or someone should take the time
to make a FAQ entry to address this.

Simply put, there is a small but non-zero chance that the hardware in
question is not (yet) fully supported in OpenBSD. If that is the case,
the most useful thing to do is to get the hardware, install OpenBSD or
at least attempt to, then if the install ends imperfectly, submit a report
to bugs@ and volunteer to test patches when the relevant developer pipes up.

When it comes to live CD or USB images, the developers have decided that the
effort involved in maintaining such things would be better aimed elsewhere.

Then again, the procedure Crystal describes for creating a USB stick install
really is as simple as it sounds. And once you have that USB stick, you can
fairly easily create an image to put somewhere for others to download.

The Live CD images you found are not official OpenBSD ones, but if I remember
correctly the person who maintains them is (or was until recently at least)
subscribed to this list and could be expected to weigh in about whether to
trust the images in preference over what you could make yourself with not
too much effort.

But I re-iterate, the most likely scenario is that the hardware is in fact
well supported and the install and use will be utterly frictionless.

All the best,
Peter

https://bsdly.blogspot.com/ https://www.bsdly.net/ https://www.nuug.no/