El Mon, 11 Mar 2024 12:43:58 -0000
beecdadd...@danwin1210.de escribió:
> hi list
> I have a problem where files recently downloaded go missing and it
> happened over 3 times and on patition/s with enough available space
> I want to verify it 1 more time before knowing hdd is failing for sure
>
> for example newly downloaded videos via yt-dlp go missing, torrent
> files go missing, all of them recent, and I didn't touch them because
> I know I restarted torrent client a few times and every time no
> Missing File error was shown and I didn't go in that torrent
> directory for many days
>
> so what gives?
> is hdd failing? but how do entire files go missing?
> maybe hdd metadata/header corruption of some kind?
> I did not do a fsck yet, will do it and report if anything new
> just so you know hdd is old and frequent read and write, mostly
> sequantial, but random too
> I tried searching internet, nothing of answer came in view

Hi beecdaddict! Read the entire message, maybe at the end you can give
us really useful information to help you.

First, I must say that this type of post is never convincing, because
there is a lack of information everywhere.

For example, you don't mention if you're using a VM or it's an
installation on real hardware. Second, you do not share information
that may be useful such as the output of the *mount* command and the
status of your file systems and their inodes *df -i*

You also do not share information about the type of disk and interface
you use, any information from the dmesg or /var/log/messages to know if
there is any failure that is reflected in those spaces.

Basically, you expect us to take out the *crystal ball* and with our
fortune-telling skills, give you a solution to a problem you have, but
for which you offer 0 useful information.

Dios en su cielo, todo bien en la Tierra