On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 18:37:04 -0000, beecdadd...@danwin1210.de wrote:

> sometimes, but I said other files are not deleted, files in same path
> folder as the file that was deleted
> so /tmp/folder/video got deleted, but /tmp/folder/jsonfile did not get
> deleted
> same with home directory I think
> and with torrent there were about 3-4 other files about same size
>
> I told you there were other files in same folder, why still ask redundant
> question?
>
> I didn't experience daily clearing of /tmp files and computer online
> sometimes for days?

The /etc/daily cron job removes files from /tmp that haven't been
_accessed_ in 7 days.  Empty directories in /tmp that haven't been
_modified_ in over a day are also removed.  This may explain why
some files get removed and others do not.

You can try commenting out the bits of /etc/daily after "Removing
scratch and junk files" and see if that fixes your problem.

 - todd