On 3/21/24 09:10, Mizsei Zoltán wrote:
Hi.

I am interested in this topic, as i have one in my drawer. My programming
skills probably not up to the task, but I would be more than happy to help you
with testing, etc.

Regards,

--ext

Excellent!

Yes I could use this sort of help.  In particular if you want to fiddle with Apache NUTTX and see if you can utilize the wifi.  It seems to

me that I can use a little bit of RAM for this.  My idea is this:

If it is at all possible, boot on cpu 0 (OpenBSD) and then alloc some contiguous RAM (10 MB perhaps?) from the PSRAM.  Once that is

done we need to fork a thread or process from the kernel and start the bootprocess with it for the c905(?) 32-bit core which has direct

access to the wifi device.  Then we need some interprocess communication between the 802.11 stack on OpenBSD and the NUTTX

wifi driver.  Both CPU's will run in a hybrid/asynchronous fashion (as far as I understand it if either doesn't touch the RAM of the other

it will be ok locking wise).  If anyone wants to chime in here, if this is an insane idea let me know.  I understand that a async mode is

possible afaik.  So we need the NUTTX as a firmware (perhaps 2 MB in size or so), it needs programming to communicate with the

c906 64-bit core, we can work that out somehow.  If you want to build a toolbox for this entire thing where we can just convert it to a

firmware.  What do you think does this make sense, are you up for it?  It really needs little programming, perhaps a make file or a

script to build NUTTX, I have linux devuan here (on native hardware and vmm) and this is what I could use.

https://nuttx.apache.org/  and here is the Reference manual for the BL808:  https://mainrechner.de/BL808_RM_en_1.3.pdf

So as a first step we need to figure out if NUTTX actually has drivers for this SoC and that they work.  If not, we'll have to consider

another approach.

Best Regards,

-pjp

--
*** I used to sign with -peter, but noticed it's not unique, -pjp may come up
in the future, so please adjust for that ***