Hello,

You need to pre search for devices before you buy or you will run into this. A
device driver needs the code and the fw sometimes it's not the code but the fw
luckily OpenBSD has fw_uodate which does an awesome job. But if you want to use
any BSD you need to either do a approps for supported HW or create your own
driver just how it is. You can't buy a new pre built computer and not have
something not be supported mostly being wifi not to mention WiFi is limited to
2.4 so what's the point and this isnt the projects fault buy companies that
don't have docs for drivers the BSDs are awesome for a server but they aren't
good desktops and this to be fair includes Linux the whole what's makes a
desktop a desktop is plugging something in and it works if you have to mess
with it and install firmwares due to people wanting free software well this
happens. WiFi 7 came out but most drivers only support g and g these days is
not good enough.

Another issue is tech speed we just got the pi5 and this only works on Linux
cause the devs only care about it so what's the point in calling it open if the
manu only bounds it devs to one set of software ? This is mostly why I'm
starting to move away from OSS and go back to Mac os and Windows as it just
works (TM)

Chris

Sent from Proton Mail Android