2024-05-07T09:54:23Z "Karsten Pedersen" <kpeder...@gmx.com>:
> > Second-hand Lenovo M710q tiny with a wifi-card could also work:
> > https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=view&id=5296
>
> A quick note that the slightly older M625q (with an AMD processor) isn't
> quite so good with OpenBSD.
> It runs overly slow and I have yet had time to figure out why. Interestingly,
> even on apm -H it takes
> longer to compile a C program than a Raspberry Pi 3. It also takes 14 Watts
> so the power management
> isn't quite there yet. These issues aren't present with Linux or FreeBSD.
>
> It was ~£30 and completely fanless, so will almost be the perfect hardware
> for a home server once
> these issues can be resolved.
>
> In short, the M710q with Intel processor might be the better choice. I
> suspect it is to do with the
> pstate <AMD Cool n Quiet> stuff that the issues are arrising from.
>
> Karsten

I have an M700 10J0 and it works great. I don't use a wifi card so I
can't say anything about that. I believe hibernation doesn't work very
well (it gets stuck with unpacking or something like that when booting),
but other than that I haven't had any issues with it. It's a solid
machine I can recommend.