Hello!

My name is Ferran. I'm 21 years old and I'm from a small city called
Mataró near Barcelona, Spain. I'm a first year student of Mathematics
at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. Prior that, I coursed the
first year of Computer science at the same university. I'm also an
amateur Dj. I played in some college parties.

I've been thinking of start contributing to Mixxx development for a
year or so. Mixxx is a project that I like a lot. I think that music
performance world is so "personal" to every dj that we really need a
100% free and open tool to help us.

I will also benefit from developing Mixxx because as I left computer
science after the first year, I've never worked on such a big project.
And neither I will do it in Maths degree.

Know I'm on holidays and I thought that this was the perfect moment to do it.

So to start the engines running, I'd would like to know what
development tools or environment do you use to develop Mixxx and why
(if there is a specific reason).
Furthermore, any other help or suggestion will be welcome as well.

Meanwhile, I'm reading the developer's documentation of the Mixxx wiki.

Best regards, Ferran.

PS: I'm not very good at English, I'm sorry for any strange things up there.

Live Security Virtual Conference