Hi,

The warning is nice, but it isn't that useful. Do you have an alternative? I
am not looking to do great things, just get a Java client to be able to do a
few method calls, and to accept a XML encoded hash of perl data. It is a
fairly complex hash though. So I really don't know of another way to send
this data. Perhaps if I get rid of the method calls and just use Registry,
and then "hand" encode the XML hash with perl that would make you feel
better? I still have to deal with auth and I don't see how a SOAP server is
any less secure than the server itself is considering every request will be
authenticated, no open server stuff, no requests that I don't know who they
are coming from. But I am learning, so I am happy to learn more. It is just
that your comments seem pretty general.

Thanks,

Eric

At 11:46 AM 4/21/02 +0100, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 01:06:28PM +0200, F. Xavier Noria wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:50:53 +0100
>> Matthew Byng-Maddick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> : On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 03:16:53AM -0400, Sam Tregar wrote:
>> : > SOAP::Lite module to be of excelent quality and the SOAP::Lite community
>> : > to be very helpful.
>> : Apart from the obvious security bug, you mean? The one where it doesn't
>> : actually restrict what remote code can be run at all?
>> SOAP::Lite 0.55 was released some days ago, it addresses that issue
>> according to
>>     http://www.soaplite.com/
>
>I'm aware of this, but I can't stress the importance of reviewing such
>security-critical code. And the "excellent quality" of the code that was
>mentioned by Sam Tregar in his post.
>
>RPC often is a nightmare security-wise, the SOAP::Lite bug illustrates the
>problems perfectly.
>
>MBM
>
>--
>Matthew Byng-Maddick         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           http://colondot.net/