On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, [iso-8859-1] [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi I have
>
> SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache/2.0.43 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_08-dev
> Perl/v5.8.0 PHP/4.3.0
>
> installed from theoryx5 all-in-one archive
>

> here is the problem I have :
> package testxml;
> use strict;
> use warnings;
> use XML::LibXML();
> use XML::LibXSLT();
> use Data::Dumper;
> my $base='c:/apache2/mason';
> my $promod=
> XML::LibXSLT->new->parse_stylesheet(
> XML::LibXML->new->parse_file("$base/stylesheets/test.xsl"));
> print Dumper $promod ;
> 1;
>
> the above script runs ok when PERL testxml.pm is run. (outside
> of any apache environment)
> Dumper prints
>
> bless XML::LibXSLT::Stylesheet..
>
> showing
> all parsing ok (the stylesheets is simplisssima one tag sheet)
>
> when it is USEed from startup.pl (# removed below in startup)
> then
> it also prints the line
>
> bless ...
>
> but apache issues a fatal error and refuses to
> start "instruction 0X28027104 memory cant be read !"
>

> here is the startup.pl
>
> use Apache2 ();
> use lib 'c:/apache2/mason/lib';
> use ModPerl::Util ();
> use Apache::RequestRec ();
> use Apache::RequestIO ();
> use Apache::RequestUtil ();
> use Apache::Server ();
> use Apache::ServerUtil ();
> use Apache::Connection ();
> use Apache::Log ();
> use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
> use APR::Const -compile => ':common';
> use APR::Table ();
> use Apache::compat ();
> use ModPerl::Registry ();
> use CGI ();
> use XML::LibXML();
> use XML::LibXSLT();
> #use testxml;
> 1;
>

> same thing if  you omit the xslt step in the testxml script
>
> I pointed out this problem from the early distribution of
> modperl2, it's not recent.

Is it just when used from the startup file that problems
arise? Does it run OK within Apache as, eg, part of
a registry script? And if not, is it OK within an ordinary
cgi script?

Does adding a
    LoadFile "/Path/to/libxml2.dll"
directive, before pulling in the startup script, help?
(in the distribution from our site, libxml2.dll is in
the Perl/bin/ directory).

--
best regards,
randy