On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 16:29, Martin Moss wrote:
> I wish to let a user use the same password for them to authenticate to a
> multitude of mysql Databases AND to authenticate themselves on my modperl
> site.
> the problem I have is that I store the password in the database as a
> Password field. However when I wish to use DBI to connect to another mysql
> database I cannot use the Password stored in the database as it comes out
> encrypted.  I really don't want to store the unencrypted password anywhere
> on the system. Is there a way to let DBI/mysql know that the password I am
> giving them is ALREADY encrypted?
>
> Has anybody else solved a problem like this?

You could use the encrypted password as the password to the remote
database. This however also defeats the purpose of encryption with
respect to the remote mysql.

How do you keep the local mysql password between requests? This is IMHO
essentially the same problem.

Is there a way to replicate the user/passwoerd table?

Hth,
Joachim