All,

I wish to let a user use the same password for them to authenticate to a
multitude of mysql Databases AND to authenticate themselves on my modperl
site.
the problem I have is that I store the password in the database as a
Password field. However when I wish to use DBI to connect to another mysql
database I cannot use the Password stored in the database as it comes out
encrypted.  I really don't want to store the unencrypted password anywhere
on the system. Is there a way to let DBI/mysql know that the password I am
giving them is ALREADY encrypted?

Has anybody else solved a problem like this?

Regards

Marty