Smylers wrote:
Sam (or any other IO::All users reading this), what's your experience of
IO::All?  How much effort has it saved you?  Does it make your code look

I've only just begun to reap the benefits of it.

Now, it seems that the built-in ways of doing these things are just
too awkward.  Just this morning I cursed as I had to change;

 my @mp3s = grep { -f } @ARGV, ($m3u?io($m3u):());

to:

 my @mp3s = grep { -f } @ARGV, ($m3u?(map{chomp;$_}`cat "$m3u"`):());

Because I didn't have internet available to grab IO::All.  Clearly,
there are two fairly opposite morals to read from that story.

mailing list: does the Spiffy thing make sense to you?  (I get the
feeling that there's something I'm missing, or that I'm not clever
enough to understand it.)

Spiffy doesn't do a lot; it just gives you accessors and does an extremely simple and very safe-looking source filter to make modules virtually all code and no infrastructure.

I think Spiffy is a perfectly acceptable choice for a lightweight accessor
package; it provides a nice set of features that solve a lot of long-
standing problems with writing Perl 5 code.

Like, inheriting functions (not just methods) to sub-classes.  Like
automatic use strict, which still gets me occasionally.

And I think I've just about listed all that Spiffy does, so don't worry
about it!  :)

Sam.