Smylers wrote:
I've only just begun to reap the benefits of it.
After how long of using it?  Does that mean that initially you found it
more hassle?

No, not at all. I've just only found myself using it twice so far.

However, when I did I found it deliciously DWIMmy and extremely handy.

eg, in http://svn.kwiki.org/ingy/Perldoc/lib/Perldoc/MugReader.pm I use
it to accept a filehandle, string, filename, etc - whilst still being
able to treat them all as if they were files, as well as knowing that
now my module can accept URIs too!

Now, it seems that the built-in ways of doing these things are just
too awkward.
That strengthens my feeling that Ingy is on to something with his
shorter syntax, and that Perl 6 should benefit from many of his ideas.

So come on over to p6l! :)

Or, actually it's probably better to join in the pugs crowd and
contribute an update to S29 based on IO::All and Path::Class.  Perhaps
there is even enough in Pugs to be able to start a basic implementation?
At least the non-OO interface, anyway.

Sam.