# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Johan Vromans
# on Saturday 18 June 2005 03:55 am:

>Would it be okay to have a generic 'deal with option' method...

>E.g., name of
>the option, type, real name (when called via an alias), the desired
>value, and a reference to where to store the value.

Most of this comes out of Getopt::Crazy::parse_spec().  It does still
need some work.  But I wonder if this sort of thing (a method that the
author can call for each option) might be a better approach than a hook
(if I'm understanding what you propose correctly.)

--Eric
--
"I've often gotten the feeling that the only people who have learned
from computer assisted instruction are the authors."