"A. Pagaltzis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I don’t think it requires sub-modules (and extra files cause
> extra slowdown, too), just judicious use of “eval STRING” to
> defer compilation of as much code as possible until it’s actually
> needed.

Are you sure that deferred compilation will actually help? If you have
a small module that sometimes pulls in a big one (like Carp /
Carp::Heavy) it would make a significant difference. But deferring
compilation of, say, 25% of the code?

Besides, I try to avoid using "eval STRING" at almost any cost. It
introduces the risk of having code that suddenly starts failing under
specific circumstances.

> If I were to look at the code to make specific suggestions (or
> even write a patch, I dunno), would they be obsolete again soon
> with the new design, or is the effort worth it?

If you can produce a proof of concept, I'd glady incorporate it.

-- Johan