# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat
# on Monday 20 June 2005 09:35 am:

>> I don't think you really need to be able to pass a different array
>> to GetOptions().  After all, that really is just meant for parsing
>> command-line arguments, which aren't going to be found anywhere
>> besides @ARGV.
>
>Well, that's a strong assumption.

Sorry, was I unclear?  I don't think that I'm assuming anything except
that GetOptions() is not intended for the example that you give.

I think you're agreeing with me.  Am I wrong?

>Perl::Tidy, for instance, uses
>Getopt::Long to parse its parameter list, which has nothing to do
>with @ARGV.

To be more specific, it uses GetOptions() to parse its parameter list,
which is why I suggested having a method which works for other
applications.

  $opt->get([EMAIL PROTECTED]);

No @ARGV here.  Your example illustrates one of the reasons that I
started working on Getopt::Crazy.

--Eric
--
"You can't win. You can't break even. You can't quit."
--Ginsberg's Restatement of the Three Laws of Thermodynamics