On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Smylers wrote:

> Dmitri Tikhonov writes:
>
> > I intend to write a new module, Finance::MortgageCalculator, with the
> > express purpose of calculating mortgages.  Does anyone foresee any
> > problem with the name?
>
> Which country's mortgage markets are you familiar with?  Do you have
> confidence that whatever calculations you are doing will be appropriate
> in other countries?

What are the differences likely to be encountered in other countries?
Isn't a basic mortgage calculation based on principle times interest, and
then determining monthly payments?  There could be other aspects to
calculate, depending on the scope of the module.

> Something like Finance::Mortgages::ZZ may be more appropriate, where
> "ZZ" is your country code.

I'd go with the suggestion of "Finance::Mortgage" or ("..Mortages"). but I
don't see an obvious need for a country code.  If mortgage markets and
calculations are widely different between countries, couldn't one module
be flexible enough to handle variances in the formula.

Christopher Josephes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]