Perhaps Finance::Calculator::Mortgage?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dmitri Tikhonov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Smylers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <module-authors@perl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: RFC: new module Finance::MortgageCalculator

Mortgages may compound differently -- monthly (the most common in the
USA), biweekly, or semi-annually (Canadian).  The common thing between
them is that there's still a fixed number of payments.  I will make the
interface support all of these methods.

The following web site has some formulas and derivations:

 http://www.hughchou.org/calc/formula.html

I guess I could do Finance::MortgageCalculator and
Finance::MortgageCalculator::US (which would be an empty subclass) and
then people could inherit from Finance::MortageCalculator and create
their own country-specific calculators.

(I'd still like the word "Calculator" being present in the name.  When I
look at module named "Finance::Mortgage" I think to myself -- "mortgage
*what*?")

 - Dmitri.