Hi Steven,

thanks for returning to us.

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 17:56:12 -0600
Steven Pritchard <st...@silug.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 01:35:45PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > I have not gotten a reply from Steve since posting this message, over
> > a month ago (and I checked my spam folder). As a result, I ask the
> > CPAN admins to give me COMAINT on String-Random so I can submit new
> > releases.
>
> FWIW, I've been buried with a data center move at work, so I've been
> almost completely unreachable for the last month.

I see. Well, we had concluded you were missing-in-action, but apparently you
were not. brian d foy has already given me COMAINT , and I made this new
release:

https://metacpan.org/release/String-Random (0.23).

> I've never been asked for COMAINT on one of my modules before, so I'm
> afraid I don't understand the implications.

COMAINT is short for co-maintenance and means the co-maintainer can make submit
new releases for the namespace, as well as close or change the status of bugs
reports on rt.cpan.org. A co-maintainer possibly has some other privileges. See:

http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html

In any case, I set up a git/GitHub repository for String-Random here:

https://github.com/shlomif/perl-String-Random

I used https://metacpan.org/release/App-cpangitify for doing that and then
added some commits of my own. Pull requests are welcome there.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish