Hi Shmuel,

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 21:26:33 +0900
Shmuel Fomberg <shmuelfomb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>

> > In any case, I set up a git/GitHub repository for String-Random here:
> >
> > https://github.com/shlomif/perl-String-Random
> >
> > I used https://metacpan.org/release/App-cpangitify for doing that and then
> > added some commits of my own. Pull requests are welcome there.
> >

> Shlomi, telling the original author that he is welcome to submit pull
> requests to your repository is a bit too cocky.

When I said "pull requests are welcome" I was talking to everybody, not
to Steven (the originator) in particular.

> The right thing to do is to ask him if he agrees to the comaint, if he have
> any repository that you can work on or should you continue using the one
> that you set up, and so on.

Well, I was already given COMAINT, but he is free to deprive me of it if he
wishes. I don't see any repository mentioned anywhere inside the documentation
or the META.YML, and I set up the GitHub repository before I saw his message.

I don't mind exporting my changes to a different repository, assuming one
exists (which I doubt), or to give the author a commit bit to my GitHub
repository, but one should realise that before I came along String-Random did
not had a release since 2006, and accumulated two bugs in rt.cpan.org to which
the author did not reply, and the CPAN admins and I waited for over a month
for Steven to come back to us before I was given COMAINT (although in
the latter case, he had a good excuse for that), so I think me taking over in
this case was justified.

I apologise for any mis-wording of my original message, but I think you just
jumped into conclusions.

> See you when I'll be back,
> Shmuel.

Looking forward to it.