Yesterday my friend and I took Cherri's Jubilee out for the first
time. We had trailered it to a marina to do bottom paint, change the
pennant, and put in the pivot pin. I also added a red boot stripe, so
now she looks really flashy. We motored out of the marina, turned into
the wind, tried to raise the main, and all hell broke  loose, so to
speak. The main sail slides kept slipping out of the mast, which also
caused the boom to come out of the mast, plus we had mistakenly released
the topping lift. I'm sure you all can imagine what those few minutes
were like, until we decided to start over again. My point is how do you
raise the sail without the slides falling out? My other boat had some
sort of "clasp" type thing that held them in unless released, but this
has nothing. I couldn't even raise the sail all the way up because the
bottom one would slip out. With all that, she sailed beautifully, even
with just the main up (I didn't want any more surprises by that time and
decided to wait till next time for the jib). I also am missing a genoa
block and don't know how and where to replace that - West Marine?
   While in the marina, the boat got alot of attention and questions,
even from some of the 30 - 40 ' sailboat owners. Some were interested in
getting one for sailing in the bay.

   Cherri Pavuk
   Cherri's Jubilee, M-15 #322
   Toms River, NJ