> in fact, it could be argued that mootools did not fail at all but
> rather helped shape javascript into a better language and has now become
> redundant. modern browsers just don't need that much sugar and cross
> browser shims these days work around much smaller problems than they used
> to.

MooTools is anything but a failure. It’s just no longer as relevant.
JavaScript itself has matured and frameworks matter less now. I still use
MooTools because a) it works quite well and b) I enjoy it’s conventions.
Also, there are a lot of spectacularly useful and well-written things
written in it. While I don’t post a lot about JavaScript and I don’t update
my repositories on Clientcide with much fanfare, I’m still pushing changes
to Behavior and MooTools Bootstrap almost daily. We’ve built a remarkably
robust UI Framework at Thanx on top of it. Here, have a screenshot or two:

   - http://cl.ly/image/1k472329081v
   - http://cl.ly/image/3E1W133S420l
   - http://cl.ly/image/0j172t0l1e0p

If I had time (or it was a priority at work) I’d release it all and at some
point I might. But my point is that while MooTools isn’t pushing the edge
of any envelopes it’s a remarkably useful set of tools and is robust, well
tested, and stable.

-a

--

---