I will happily be here when we turn 20...and beyond.

Congratulations to Scott and all the fine collectors/dealers out there!

All the best,
Michael

On Feb 24, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Scott Burns <s...@columbus.rr.com> wrote:How
interesting that Helmut posted his analysis of MoPo posts from the past week
TODAY, which just happens to be MoPo’s 19th birthday. As Bruce then commented,
the other 2 existing poster forums “are pretty dead” as well. Are we really all
talked out? Has Facebook taken over the world? Is MoPo an Internet dinosaur and
no longer necessary? Questions to ponder…but first, as I always do every
February 24th, a brief review of MoPo history…  On February 24, 1995 the first
official MoPo post was distributed via American University’s listserv. For a
few weeks prior to that launch date, the handful of original MoPo members
simply cc’d their e-mail messages to the other people in the group (there were
11 at the
 beginning). In keeping with my annual tradition, I’d like to recognize those
MoPo pioneers:  Mahtab Moayeri, Michael Danese, Rob Ellis, Donna Tschetter, Goh
Kai Shen, Evan Zweifel, George Nichol, Cindy Nemeth-Johannes, Adam Ehrlich,
myself (your humble listowner) and AOL’er Static555—real name Jeff Static.
Michael, Rob and Evan are still members. Cindy sadly passed away in June 2008,
but her husband Jay has taken her place on MoPo. Hats off to all the MoPo
originals!  I’d also like to send out my annual thank you to American
University, our generous host. I’m surprised, but grateful, they continue to
maintain their listserv system, a relic from the early days of the Internet.
Yes, it has limitations (no fancy
 graphics, mail delivery issues) but it still serves our intimate group well.
Happy 19th Birthday MoPo! But will we make it to 20? Should we?   My deepest
thanks to all of you for the ride (so far) and for however long it lasts!
ScottMoPo List Owner
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at http://www.filmfan.com/