From: users-boun...@mozart-oz.org [mailto:users-boun...@mozart-oz.org] On
Behalf Of Peter Van Roy
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:50 AM
To: Mozart users
Subject: Re: Propagator viewer

On 27/10/12 19:10, alexgian wrote:

> A bit off topic, I notice it's rather quiet around here lately. Is
> there another active site for Oz discussions?  Surely with the success
> and popularity of CTM the world must be full of people wanting to
> discuss Oz-Mozart..
>
> Regards - AG
We are getting close to a release for Mozart 2.0, the new 64-bit
reimplementation of Mozart, our noses are close to the grindstone, probably
one reason for the recent lull in mozart-users.  Some of the work is
discussed on mozart-hackers, but not all.  We are now testing Mozart 2.0 in
a course - the students are the guinea pigs! Thanks to Sébastien Doeraene,
Yves Jaradin, Kenny TM, Géry Debongnie, and Gustavo Gutiérrez, the main
contributors for the core of Mozart 2.0 (if I have left anyone out, please
yell!).  (Other contributors are welcome, just contact us!)

The next step is the distribution subsystem.  Mozart 2.0 has a reflective
language interface, where you can write Oz code to change the semantics of
language operations.  We will use this to reimplement the
network-transparent distribution.  The reflective interface means that the
new distribution subsystem will be written completely in Oz!  Unlike the old
distribution subsystem, which was written in C++ and which has become
unmaintainable and unmanageable.  We invite people to experiment with the
reflective interface to do other kinds of extensions to the system!

We are also redoing completely the constraint subsystem.  It will be based
on Gecode, and it is being implemented by the Avispa research group in Cali,
Colombia.

Peter