Frank Hecker wrote:

There's still the trademark issue, but I don't see why this couldn't be handled consistently with other localization-specific changes. For example, if the Mozilla Foundation allows the creators of the France-localized version to include, say, default links to French search engines, and still use official Mozilla logos, etc., then I don't see why the Mozilla Foundation wouldn't also let them make changes to the list of included CA certificates, if there are good reasons for such changes.

Removal wouldn't present a problem. Adding new CAs to the default list while still retaining our trademarks would be much more of a can of worms.

Gerv